Monday, July 16, 2012

Red Beans and Rice Crock Pot Style

I must admit this is the first time I have cooked Red Beans & Rice using this recipe. This won't be the last for sure! This was super easy and it smelled yummy!


Ingredients:
1 pound of dried red beans

7 cups of water
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 pound to 1 pound of andouille sausage, sliced
3 tablespoons Creole season
white rice, cooked



Place all the ingredients in a crock pot except the white rice. Cook, covered at HIGH 7 hours or until beans are tender. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Bonus- MY KIDS LOVED this!!! =)

    2 comments:

    1. I have never done red beans and rice. I will have to try it! So glad you told me about your blog. I am always looking for new recipes to try. Sometimes my 'rotation' gets stale...

      Amy

      Fashion and Beauty Finds

      ReplyDelete
    2. Amy- Thanks for the comment! I am not a pro by any means and dinner time is always a task for me. However I have loved doing this blog!

      ReplyDelete